- They make great presents.
- They are light and easy to post (see point 1).
- You can make them yourself.
- They are environmentally friendly. They can be constantly re-used.
- You can make them from a range of materials – wrapping paper (laminated), wool (knitted), magazine adverts (cut to size), raffle tickets (that didn’t win – laminated… I did this!)
- During a tense/scary/horrifying moment in a book, you can use the bookmark to cover your eyes.
- If you don’t know where you’re going in life, at least you know where you are in a book…